What to do about Cyber Bullying
Over 25% of children aged 11-19 have been cyber bullied via a computer or mobile phone. Here are some tips on how to deal with cyber bullying and how you child can stay safe on the internet.
Tips on dealing with cyber bullying...
- If someone is cyber bullying your child by sending them messages or nasty phone calls, they should not respond.
- Make sure your child saves any bullying messages, try and encourage them not to read them.
- If your child is being cyber bullied by someone at school, speak to a teacher about it.
- Encourage your child to always use a nickname on chat rooms or social networking sites.
- Make sure your child knows to never give out personal details.
- Make sure your child knows to never arrange to meet up with someone they have met online.